How to apply
Gather your information:
- Proof of income (or lack of income),
- A copy of your lease agreement,
- A rent delinquency notice or your past-due utility bill,
- A signed copy of this eligibility form (en español),
- A signed copy of this release form,
- Basic information about each household member,
- An electronic copy of a government-issued ID,
Complete a simple application:
- Click here to apply online, (en español)
- Or call us at 1-855-452-0801
- Important: Ada County residents must apply here.
Help spread the word
- Access the HPP promotional toolkit
Am I eligible to receive assistance?
I am sub-letting my housing from another person, am I eligible?
I’m a homeowner and need help paying my mortgage, can you help me with that type of assistance?
How are applications prioritized?
• Households with incomes of less than 50% Area Median Income.
• Households with one or more members who have been unemployed for at least 90 days.
I am in a rent-to-own agreement or own a mobile home, am I eligible for assistance?
• Is not a signee or co-signee on the mortgage on the property.
• Does not hold the deed or title to the property.
• Has not exercised the option to purchase. Additionally, if you own a manufactured home and have to lease your lot, you may be eligible for the lot/space rent and/or utilities.
If I’ve already received assistance, can I seek additional assistance?
How much assistance can I expect?
I am not past due yet, but I have experienced a financial hardship because of the pandemic. I know I will not be able to pay my rent next month. Should I apply?
My rent is due today, can you submit a payment today?
Will you cover late fees?
Will you negotiate with my utility company/landlord?
How does the landlord receive payment?
I am a landlord/property owner and want to submit an application of behalf of my tenant. What are my obligations?
Will Low-Income Housing Tax Credit properties, or recipients of other rental subsidies be eligible?
What jurisdiction do you cover?
Can non-citizens apply?
I don’t know when I will start earning income or when I will be financially stable again, will I still qualify?
Will you help cover a rental application fee?
My landlord is trying to evict me despite bringing my balance current, can they do that?
I need a place to stay temporarily, will your funds cover a motel stay?
Can I be reimbursed for a payment(s) I have already made, but could not afford?
What happens if I don’t have a phone where I can be reached for follow-up?
What documents do I need to provide?
What if I don’t have all the required verification documents?
I do not have any income or recently lost my income. How do I prove this?
Can I request assistance with my rent and my utilities in the same application?
I don’t have a copy of my lease agreement, can you still help me?
I don’t have an eviction notice yet, and I don’t want one. Can I show you my rental ledger or will a statement from my landlord suffice?
I need help applying. What do I do?
What are the terms of assistance?
• Assistance payments will be made directly to the payee (landlord/utility company).
• The tenant does not intend to vacate the unit during the period of assistance.
• The landlord will not evict the tenant for non-payment of rent or related fees during the period of assistance.
• The tenant has no right to the assistance funds paid. If the unit is vacated during the period of assistance, assistance will be pro-rated and refunded to the program, not the tenant.
• Funds are not to be used for any costs other than rent (e.g., move-out, damage, unit transfer costs, etc.).
• There is not duplicate assistance being paid for the period of assistance.
Disclaimer: Program details may be supplemented or changed by additional guidance from the Secretary of the Treasury or as Idaho Housing and Finance determines necessary. This project is supported, in whole or in part, by federal award number 20-1892-0-1-806 awarded to Idaho Housing and Finance Association by the U.S. Department of the Treasury.