If you have been enrolled in a Special Forbearance Plan and are ready to resume payments and catch up on what you missed, the HomeLoanServ team will work with you to provide possible solutions.
Consider your options
While everyone’s situation is unique, repayment options generally include:
- A repayment plan in which you pay a little extra every month on your regular mortgage payment to gradually catch up on your missed payments. This is typically done over a three-month period.
- Some or all of the amount you owe can be moved to the end of your loan. This is commonly called a “deferral.” It’s typically an option when you cannot afford an increase in your monthly payment, but you can resume making your normal monthly payment. You will need to check with a HomeLoanServ counselor to make sure your loan qualifies.
- You could be eligible for a loan modification that aims to maintain or reduce your monthly payment by changing the terms of your loan. Please understand that not all loans qualify for a modification. Please consult with one of our loan counselors to see if your loan qualifies.
- If you are able, you can pay back the entire amount you owe in a lump sum in what’s called a “reinstatement.” We realize this is not realistic for most people, but you should know that it’s an option if you choose.
If your financial situation has improved and you no longer need the Special Forbearance Plan, we encourage you to take advantage of the self-serve options at HomeLoanServ.com.
- Go to homeloanserv.com/SpecialForbearancePlan to get the process started.
- You’ll need to provide your email address, loan number, the last four digits of the primary borrower’s Social Security number and the ZIP code for the property.
- Select the option that works best for you and click submit.
If you have questions or need assistance, our customer service team is happy to help. If you choose to speak to us in person, please understand that, although our customer support call center is open, we are experiencing higher than normal call volume and longer wait times.
- Email: Disasterrelief@HomeLoanServ.com
- Phone: 800-526-7145 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. mountain time, Monday – Friday)
Haven’t enrolled in a forbearance plan?
If you need assistance and have not yet enrolled in a special forbearance plan click here for all of our HomeLoanServ Covid-19 resources. To enroll in a special forbearance plan now, click here. If you’d like to talk to housing counselor please click here.