Work for the best! Idaho Housing and Finance Association has an opening for a Housing Counselor in Boise, Idaho.
Responsible for providing housing counseling and education to homeowners’ seeking reverse mortgages and homeowners in distress. Will also cross train and provide some counseling services to prospective first-time homebuyers and existing homeowners seeking post-purchase assistance. The Housing Counselor will provide comprehensive services to help families and individuals build their financial capacity and understand their housing options.
- Responds to customer inquiries
- Responsible for day-to-day client scheduling and housing counseling.
- Conduct financial analysis and affordability assessment based on information and documents provided by the client.
- Work with clients on a one-on-one basis to provide education, guidance and referrals tailored to each client’s unique circumstances.
- Must obtain the HUD Housing Counselor and HUD HECM Counselor Certification
- Case management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and the ability to learn new software and computer systems.
- Public speaking and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in lending procedures including loan servicing, mortgage underwriting concepts and loss mitigation options OR, An equivalent combination of training and experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in establishing goals and objectives while providing excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated skill in time management using independent judgement and multi-tasking.
Winner of “Best Places to Work in Idaho” 2010-2021
Winner of "Best Mortgage Companies to Work For" as published in National Mortgage News
Above description is not inclusive of all job duties. Qualified candidates must be able to perform essential job functions with or without accommodation.
How to Apply
Applications and resumes are accepted only for open, advertised positions. To apply for a position, please submit both a completed application and a resume. All applications must be accompanied by a resume to be considered. To submit an online application, please click the link below:
If you are unable to submit an application online, contact the Boise HR office for assistance.
We will keep you informed of the status of your application. Thank you for your interest in Idaho Housing and Finance Association.