Work for the Best! Idaho Housing and Finance Association has an opening for a Housing Preservation Processor supporting and our Housing Preservation grant providing rent and utilities assistance to those in need.
- Acknowledge, review and process applications assigned while adhereing to program policy and procedures
- Assist in HPP Operations by ensure applications are complete with all necessary information and documents, file notes, and eligibility determination
- Gather and submit accurate payment information to Accounting
- Manage electronic case files and keep thorough client notes, applicant checklists, documentation and correspondence. Adhere to program record retention requirements
- Complete file matching to prevent duplication of benefits and fraudulent activity
- Make appropriate referrals or coordinate care with partnering agencies providing resources when applicable and ensuring no duplication of assistance is made
- Adhere to maximum levels of assistance established for the program
- Coordinate with partner agencies providing services to applicants or supporting an applicant’s submission in a professional manner
- Respond to applicant and landlord inquiries in a courteous, complete and clear manner
Demonstrated knowledge of the regulations, policies and procedures governing various federal assisted-housing programs a plus
- Experience in use of budgets, federal grant administration, productivity monitoring, training on program policies and procedures, and partner relations is a plus
- Ability to plan, organize, assign and review work activities, follow instructions, meet deadlines, and organize work effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to control communication, maintaining courteousness and implementing boundaries working with applicants who are facing crises and may be escalated or in a vulnerable situation
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands on time and attention
- Requesting information with appropriate language and without judgement.
This position duration is based on funding. Compensation depends on experience and includes a comprehensive benefit package. Apply online at www.idahohousing.com.
Winner of “Best Places to Work in Idaho” 2010-2020
Above description is not inclusive of all job duties. Qualified candidates must be able to perform essential job functions with or without accommodation.
How to Apply
Applications and resumes are accepted only for open, advertised positions. To apply for a position, please submit both a completed application and a resume. All applications must be accompanied by a resume to be considered. To submit an online application, please click the link below:
If you are unable to submit an application online, contact the Boise HR office for assistance.
We will keep you informed of the status of your application. Thank you for your interest in Idaho Housing and Finance Association.