Work for the Best! Idaho Housing and Finance Association has an immediate opening for a full-time Finance Officer in our Boise office.
- Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) process applications, complete eligibility and GAP analysis, track allocations for compliance with requirements. Complete allocation documents and assist in program implementation.
- Assist with the reporting (IRS, ID State Tax Commission, and HUD). Provide assistance in industry surveys, public records requests, and internal LIHTC project tracking.
- Assist in the completion of procedures manual(s), establish efficient follow-up system, and demonstrate improvement in technical aspects of the position. Assist in special projects as needed.
- Knowledge of lending and tax credit program regulations, transfer files to compliance team and servicing department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of Section 42 of the IRS Revenue Code as it pertains to the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in analyzing and underwriting LIHTC project applications is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding in real estate lending and/or underwriting of income property loans, knowledge in real estate law, analyzing financial statements, construction lending, title insurance and government loan programs is desirable.
- Must possess effective written and oral communications skills, be detail oriented, have strong analytical ability, work independently and within time constraints, and make prudent decisions based upon an analysis of available information and documentation.
- Proficiency in using Word, Excel and Access software in a PC environment.
- Must possess the ability to be an effective team member.
Compensation dependent on experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package. Apply online at www.idahohousing.com.
Above description is not inclusive of all job duties. Qualified candidates must be able to perform essential functions with or without accommodation. EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.
Winner of “Best Places to Work in Idaho” 2010-2021
Winner of "Best Mortgage Companies to Work For" as published in National Mortgage News
Above description is not inclusive of all job duties. Qualified candidates must be able to perform essential job functions with or without accommodation.
How to Apply
Applications and resumes are accepted only for open, advertised positions. To apply for a position, please submit both a completed application and a resume. All applications must be accompanied by a resume to be considered. To submit an online application, please click the link below:
If you are unable to submit an application online, contact the Boise HR office for assistance.
We will keep you informed of the status of your application. Thank you for your interest in Idaho Housing and Finance Association.