Under contract with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Idaho Housing and Finance Association (IHFA) administers federal rental assistance programs that help low-income families and elderly or disabled individuals obtain decent, affordable rental housing.
Through its four branch offices, IHFA administers approximately 3,708 Housing Choice Vouchers. Some of the programs IHFA administers include the Housing Choice Voucher, Special Needs, and the Shelter Plus Care programs.
- Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program information
- Rental Assistance Applications
- Participating Landlord Portal
- Fair Housing Information
- IF YOU LIVE IN ADA COUNTY, you must apply here. Idaho Housing does not administer the program in Boise or the Treasure Valley area and does not accept applications at the Boise administrative office for this reason.
- IF YOU LIVE IN CANYON, OWYHEE, ELMORE, GEM, PAYETTE, ADAMS, VALLEY OR WASHINGTON COUNTY, you must apply here. Idaho Housing does not administer the program in these counties and does not accept applications at the Boise administrative office for this reason.
Equal Housing Opportunity
IHFA operates under the federal Fair Housing Law (Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968) and other federal and state housing laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, familial status, disability, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation or marital status.