IHFA administers the HUD Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program in 34 of the 44 counties in Idaho. This is accomplished through its four branch offices located in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho Falls, Lewiston, and Twin Falls, plus the oversight and administrative office in Boise. As part of the HCV program, IHFA also administers the Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) voucher, the Mainstream Non-Elderly with Disabilities voucher, and other targeted programs.
To be eligible, applicants must meet HUD income guidelines and participants pay approximately 30 percent of adjusted gross monthly income for rent. With HCV, participants are able to select their own housing, provided the housing meets program requirements. However, due to high demand applicants are placed on waiting lists which varies from 12 months to over 2 years, depending on their current housing status and the area of the state and program funding levels.
Persons seeking rental assistance may apply online or print an application.
Rental Assistance Applications>>
- IHFA does not administer the program in Boise or the Treasure Valley area and does not accept applications at the Boise Administrative Office for this reason.
- Persons inquiring about the status of their application must contact the branch office where they applied.
Program Announcements & Notifications
New Program – Mainstream Non-Elderly Persons with Disabilities
- Transitioning out of an institutional setting, or at risk of being placed in an institution (must be verified by qualified service provider or medical professional); or
- Homeless or at risk of homelessness (must be verified by a qualified service provider).
New Office Location in Idaho Falls
Frequently Asked Questions
Brochures and Newsletters
Housing Choice Voucher Publications for Participants
- Housing Choice Voucher Rental Assistance (Participant)
- Informaciòn Del Participante Asistencia Con El Alquiler Con Vales Para La Elecciòn De Vivenda
Looking for Additional Rental Resources?
Visit housingidaho.com. or Viviendaidaho.com. This free search tool allows the user to enter specific search criteria to locate a unit that meets their individual needs. Many of the properties listed on this website receive direct subsidies and are able to offer reduced rents, or rents based on a percentage of household income.