Here are a few additional resources you may find helpful when working with our home loan program.
Bulletins and Announcements
Join our Lending/REALTOR® partner community. It’s Free! Become a member to get timely updates on our lending programs, rates, trainings and much more. We value your privacy. We will never sell or rent your email address to anyone.
- Program Bulletin 2017-2 (Important Program Changes to the MCC and First Loan) Nov 16
- Program Bulletin 2017-1 (Fannie Mae’s 80% HFA Product is Ending Soon) Nov 14
- Congratulations to our Top Lenders Q3 2017 (Oct 04 )
- Congratulations to our Top REALTORS® Q3 2017 (Oct 04)
- Program Bulletin 2017 (Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac UCD Requirements) Sept 22
- Congratulations to our Top Lenders Q2 2017 (July 06)
- Congratulations to our Top REALTORS® Q2 2017 (July 06)
- Program Bulletin 2017 (Freddie and Fannie New Loan Products) June 20
- Program Bulletin 2017 (Increase to brokers compensation and change in fees) June 1
- Program Bulletin 2017 (Change to Income and Sales Price Limits) April 26
- Congratulations to our Top Lenders Q1 2017 (April 19)
- Congratulations to our Top REALTORS® Q1 2017 (April 19)
- Program Bulletin 2017 (Amendment to AIR Plan) March 21
- Program Bulletin 2017 (No Maximum for Other Fees Charged by Lenders) Jan 11
- Congratulations Top Idaho Housing Lending Partners 2016 (Jan 05)
- Dec 22 – Freddie Mac’s New Loan Product.
- Nov 21 – Please Read – Important Reminder that Will Impact Your Clients
- November 9 – Participating Lenders Website Listings
- October 11 – Congratulations to Idaho Housing Lending Partners for Q3 2016
- September 29 – Idaho Housing Mortgage Services is now called HomeLoanServ
- September 29 – Closing Cost Enhancements from Idaho Housing
- August 18 – Changes to the Good Credit Rewards Second Mortgage – Effective Aug 23, 2016
- July 07 – Congratulations Top Idaho Housing Lending Partners Q2 2016!
- June 15 – Changes to the Good Credit Rewards 2nd Mortgage
- May 19 – Update Sales and Income Limits
- April 14 – Adjustments to the SRP pricing
- Jan 06 – Congratulations to the Top Idaho Housing Lending Partners for Year-End 2015
- Feb 05 – MCC Tax Credit
- Feb 23 – Our New Construction Loan Lock is Improving
- Dec 21 – We Just Sweetened Our SRPs
- Oct 21 – Congratulations Top Lenders Q3
- Sept 22 – New Homebuyer Education Requirement
- Sept 03 – Urgent Tips for Upcoming TILA-RESPA Changes
- Aug 19 – New Rate Sheet
- July 30 – 203(k) Escrow – Please Read
- July 09 – Congratulations Top Lenders Q2
- June 24 – Change to processing 2nd mortgages
- June 16 – Change to Broker Fees
- June 01 – Guidance for Rejected Transcript Requests
- May 01 – It’s Time for a Rentervention!
- April 03 – Congratulations to Top Lenders Q1 2015
- April 30 – 2nd Mortgages now require .5% from Borrower
- April 02 – Borrower Income Limits Increased
- March 04 – Premium Pricing Now Available on VA Refinances
- Feb 09 – Lock Cancellation Fee Reinstated
- Jan 29 – Updates to Lender Connection (Brokers Only)
- Jan 16 – Top Lenders Announced – Year End 2014
- Jan 06 – Company Name to be Exact on Note and Endorsement
Approved Appraisal Management Companies (AAMC)
Idaho Housing’s mortgage broker partners are required to contact one of the approved Appraisal Management Companies (AMCs) below for an appraisal in the processing of an Idaho Housing loan. If you are an appraiser who would like to work with Idaho Housing’s mortgage broker partners, please contact each AMC below to review how you can be added to their approved appraiser listing.
Approved Mortgage Insurance Companies
To view Idaho Housing underwriting guidelines log into Lender Connection and navigate to the Idaho Housing Lending Library. For a complete list of Idaho Housing participating lenders and mortgage brokers, click here.
Download and share any of these brochures with your clients, available in both English and Spanish.
- Housing Counseling Brochure – Spanish
- Housing Counseling Brochure – English
- Finally Home!® Brochure – Spanish
- Finally Home!® Brochure – English
- 4 Steps to Getting an Affordable Home Loan – Spanish
- 4 Steps to Getting an Affordable Home Loan – English
To cobrand one of our product fliers, simply select the flier you need, insert your contact information and company logo (logo must be in JPG format) into the fillable fields, and distribute to your clients as needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Idaho Housing allow sole and separate property?
Yes. For FHA/VA/Conventional loans Idaho Housing is able to allow for sole and separate transactions. The borrower can take title as sole and separate property provided the borrower and spouse sign the Idaho Housing Borrower Affidavit disclosure certifying that both meet all Idaho Housing MRB program requirements. The spouse’s income must be verified and included in the total household income analysis, and the non-borrowing spouse’s tax returns must be provided. However, sole and separate property will not be allowed as a means to avoid qualifying for the Idaho Housing loan. Sole and separate property is not allowed for a USDA-RD Loan. Idaho Housing is unable to loan to separated individuals. On FHA the Non-Purchase Spouse’s credit report must be included and we will require liens, judgments, collections, to be paid off as we are in a community property state and it could cloud the title.
Does Idaho Housing allow manufactured homes?
Yes. For the Idaho Housing First Loan Program, the manufactured home must be a post-June 15, 1976, doublewide on a permanent foundation. Idaho Housing will not allow a manufactured home that has been moved more than once. Also, Idaho Housing will require a copy of the recorded Statement of Intent to Declare the Manufactured Home as Real Property for the subject property. Idaho Housing will not allow a manufactured home that has been moved other than from the manufacturer to the current site it is presently on. We will also require an engineer certification.
Idaho Housing MAX Land to Value and Acreage Limits
35% Land to Value, and 19.99 max acreage.
What is the current guideline for foreclosures/bankruptcy?
Idaho Housing follows FHA, VA, Fannie and Freddie guidelines.